Office: (408) 963-7095
In today’s medical term, migraine is a neurological condition that can be characterized by severe headaches. Date back to 1552 B.C.E., migraine was recorded in ancient text as “suffering in half the head”, which is usually an intensive pounding or throbbing headache on one side of the head. However, today’s statistics shows 41% of patients who suffer migraine have severe headache in both side of their head. Migraine has following main symptoms:
1. Throbbing and pounding pain
2. Extreme sensitivity to light and sound - patients may have urge to stay in a dark and quiet room because bright light makes migraine worse.
3. Neck pain - researchers found 75% of migraine patients experience neck pain
4. Nausea and vomiting
5. Headache in one side of head or both sides
6. Vision changes - some patients experience blurred or double vision. There are also cases that patients lose their vision temporarily.
8. Aura - some patients see Aura
Patients with migraine tend to have recurring attacks that can be triggered by lack of sleep or food, seasonal allergies, strong lighting, or hormonal imbalance.
Researches also show migraines are associated with major depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and obsessive compulsive disorder.
Acupuncture and herbal formula can reduce the frequency of having migraine and relieve the amount of pain in migraines.